Presidential Service Award Requirements
- Only open to UF undergraduate, graduate, or professional students who are graduating in the current academic year.
- Undergraduate students must have completed 400 hours of community service during their overall time as a UF student (i.e. a graduating senior completed approximately 100 hours a year since enrolling at UF).
- Graduate and Professional students must have completed 200 hours of community service during their time as UF graduate student.
- A list of community partners’ contact information (phone number and email address) and the total number of hours served with the community partner. The Brown Center for Leadership & Service will send a verification form directly to each partner listed in the application.
- Photo of nominee working with community partners or a professional head shot*
- Reflection essay (no more than 500 words) answering the following question: Describe your service experience(s) as a UF student. Why did you decide to engage in service and what did you learn from your experience(s)?
*For the photo requirement, if the service time has been with children and/or other vulnerable populations, please instead submit a professional head shot in lieu of the picture of you doing service. At the awards reception, a slide show of each winner’s picture and quote about why service was impactful will be featured.